Tanks on truck
For Suction / Watering / Water Sewage / Hazardous Materials (ADR) applications
Gourdon tanks on truck are specially designed to meet a need for high productivity in urban, on sites or extreme conditions. This equipment combines a motorized vehicle with a bodied tank to offer the best working conditions to drivers to carry out work efficiently.
- Watering worksites: limit the rise of dust and surrounding pollution during construction or quarry works.
- Water sewage: emptying the pits and cleaning the networks and pipes.
- Hazardous materials: ADR approved equipment for the transport of hazardous materials.
Gourdon brings you its expertise and advice in defining your project.
How to configure your tank on trucks?
1. Define the application of the material according to your activity.
2. Define the characteristics of the carrier frame vehicle:
- 4x2 wheel drive truck (19T GW)
- 6x2 - 6x4 wheel drive truck (26T GW)
- 8x4 wheel drive truck (32T GW)
- Articulated construction dumper
- Other vehicles
Motorized vehicles are supplied by partner manufacturers of Gourdon (new equipment) or are vehicles existing in our customers' fleet (equipment intended to be modified).
3. Define the characteristics of your bodywork tank:
- Volume on demand (from 4 to 22 m³)
- Partial wall partitions
- Compartmentalization possible by integral fixed partition(s)
- Surface treatment: RAL polyurethane, Tankguard® coating, galvanization
- Custom branding to your image
- Stainless steel rear flap
- Lateral pipe holders
- Plastic or metal tool box(es)
- Underride bar
- Side bike guard
4. Define the drive of your tank:
- Vacuum pump for suction / delivery (see options)
- Connection to truck equipment (auxiliary power take-off, full power PTO)
- Thermal motor for autonomous drive (see options)
- High pressure pump for water cleaning application (see options)
5. Define the control of the functions of your tank:
- Hydraulic distributor with manual controls
- Electro-hydraulic distributor with remote control box or in the cabin
- Remote control electrical cabinet at the rear of the truck and / or radio control
6. Define the filling and emptying connections:
- Fixed or tilting tank by tipping cylinder
- Water cannon
- Lateral pumping arm swiveling on front base
- Connection(s) DN 50 to 200 mm (AV-AR-side positions to be defined)
- Top filling cone (gravity filling)
- 1/4 turn manual or hydraulic valve(s) (DN 50 to 200 mm)
- Manual or hydraulic knife gate valve(s)
- Internal gooseneck for accelerated filling
- Claw or symmetrical fittings
- Watering pallet
- Spreading boom
7. Equip the equipment to carry out the control and maintenance operations:
- Manhole Ø 800mm (rear or upper with inspection scale)
- Full opening bottom (manual or hydraulic locking)
- Needle or transparent level (position of your choice)
- "Low level" detector and buzzer
8. Equip the equipment with the accessories necessary for productive, comfortable and safe work:
- Spiral or flattenable PVC suction hose (Ø 50 to 150 mm)
- Banana for guiding and protecting pipes (flexible or rigid)
- Rear beacon (s)
- Working light (s)
- Triangle "works" (manual or electric lifting)
- Hydraulic or manual reels for rewinding the pipes (hydrocage)
- Cleaning nozzles and high pressure lance (hydrocorting)
The truck-mounted tanks of the CIM range have DREAL approval. The equipment is fitted to regulations and the vehicle acceptance is carried out by an authorized inspection body.
Information: Tanks on trucks are available in ADR version for the transport of hazardous materials (water sewage on industrial sites, transport of petroleum products, etc.).
Depending on your application, equip your tank with the appropriate suction, delivery and drive components:
1. Vacuum pump
The vacuum pump allows you to vary the volume inside the tank to suck up material or push it back. Gourdon recommends two types:
- Suitable for suction and watering tanks
- Flow rate from 7200 l / min to 53000 l / min
- Vacuum degree: 60% to 80% continuous
- Cooled by air injection or water
- Lubrication of the vanes by oil injection
- Suitable for intensive use such as water sewing
- Vacuum flow rate: from 21,000 l / min to 181,000 l / min
- High degree of vacuum: 93% continuous
- Little wear
- Cooled by air injection
Vacuum pumps are usually fitted with a vacuum line: a cyclone purifier, a silencer on the suction and / or discharge of the pump, an overflow ball valve, a vacuum valve and an overpressure valve.
High pressure pump
The high pressure pump delivers water at high pressure for intensive cleaning work. Gourdon recommends one type:
- Piston pump (flow rates / pressures to be defined)
- Water filter and control valve
This equipment is accompanied by accessories such as the high pressure lance, HP hoses Ø1 / 2 "on manual reel 50m or Ø1" on reel with hydraulic drive and high pressure cleaning nozzles.
The heat engine allows you to use your tank independently when the connection to the power take-off of the truck is not possible. This equipment is matched with the usual accessories of a thermal engine such as filters, coolers, diesel tank, etc. The definition of the brand and the engine power (kw) will be carried out jointly with Gourdon according to your application.